A Delaware County businesswoman with deep ties in Athens County is running for Congress in Ohio’s 12th District. This district was bitterly fought over in a nationally watched special election in August 2018, with the Republican candidate, Troy Balderson, winning by a tiny margin.
Athens Democrats won a clear victory Tuesday in the General Election, with Mayor Steve Patterson, a Democrat, winning re-election by a wide margin over Democratic Socialist candidate Damon Krane, and three Democrats beating several independent candidates for at-large City Council seats.
Unofficial results for today's General Election in Athens County have come in, with Athens Mayor Steve Patterson (a Democrat) winning re-election by a wide margin over Democratic Socialist candidate Damon Krane, and three Democrats beating several independent candidates for at-large City Cou…
A local campaign committee is fighting to keep Meals on Wheels in Athens County by helping raise awareness about Issue 21, according to a news release. The levy provides half the funding for this program, and will be on the countywide ballot on Nov. 5.
The Athens Revolutionary Socialists hosted a “tenant town hall” Monday at the United Campus Ministries building in Athens, with Athens mayoral candidate Damon Krane and City Council candidates Ellie Hamrick and Chris Monday all in attendance.
Athens County voters have a number of local levies on the ballot at the Nov. 5 general election, including a 1.2-mill replacement levy for the Athens County Public Libraries.
Several employees are raising the alarm about an Alexander Local School Board candidate allegedly campaigning for office while on the job.
Six candidates for Athens City Council’s three at-large seats stated their case during a candidate forum at the Athens Community Center last Thursday.
Six candidates for three Athens City Council at-large seats will meet in a public forum tonight (Thursday, Oct. 3) in the Athens Community Center.
With the November general election fewer than 60 days away, and campaign signs sprouting like weeds throughout the city of Athens, it’s officially campaign season for candidates.
- New 'wellness' school funding: Godsend or Band-Aid?
- Athens parking garage gets makeover
- Local enterprise seeks to find value in doomed ash trees, among others
- OU dorm friendship leads to successful invention & biz
- City Council OKs zoning change for north Court St. block
- Grand jury to consider multiple charges arising from poaching raid near Albany
- Shopper hurt after being struck by vehicle in Athens Kroger parking lot
- In NYC, OU class learns from Grammy-winning mixer
- Odd bowl-like patch near 33 bypass in Athens serves important purpose
- O'Bleness switches to regional emergency department provider