Ohio University’s campus beauty continued to be recognized on a national scale when Expedia named it one of the top 15 most beautiful campuses in the country earlier this month, according to a news release.
Expedia lauded the “simple, yet striking” architecture at Ohio University, including the numerous red brick facades and trimmed accents.
“OHIO’s campus beauty continues to be recognized and celebrated on many levels,” OU President M. Duane Nellis said in the release. “From the gorgeous cherry blossoms to the brick buildings and sidewalks on our College Green and beyond, this is truly a scenic place to live, work and visit.”
Expedia rated each college campus on a five-point scale within five categories, including:
• Scenery (architecture, natural scenery, manicured landscapes, etc.). OU had the top score 5/5.
• Beyond the books (sports, clubs, publications, organizations, championships, etc.). OU: 4/5.
• School spirit (game attendance/interest, sense of community, school pride, etc.). OU: 3/5.
• Community outreach (service organizations, community-based learning, volunteer awards, etc.). OU: 4/5.
• Local vibes (restaurants, nightlife, nature, art and culture, etc.). OU: 4/5.
Ohio University’s campus wasn’t the only location that caught Expedia’s eye – the publication also recognized the surrounding Athens area for its beauty and the numerous activities that are available off campus, the news release said.
It quoted the article: “The picture-perfect Strouds Run State Park offers a welcome escape away from the library walls. And, come Friday night when it’s time to close the books for the day, there is a vibrant nightlife waiting just around the corner on Court Street and beyond.”
Launched in 1996, Expedia, Inc. has evolved into the world’s leading online travel company, with a portfolio that includes some of the world’s most notable travel brands, the release said.