A Guysville woman received four years in prison Tuesday (Dec. 10) in Athens County Common Pleas Court for one count each of aggravated theft and failure to appear. She was accused of stealing a bulk amount of textbooks from her local employer.
Members of Athens City Council met with leaders of the Baileys Trail System project last Wednesday, Dec. 4, at Chauncey-Dover Community Park, the site of the system’s Chauncey trailhead, to hike a newly built portion of the trail.
Athens City Council voted unanimously Monday to approve funding for the Baileys Trail System, currently under construction on the Wayne National Forest near Chauncey, after several weeks of discussion and language changes to the bill.
Ohio University faculty members turned out in force at a Faculty Senate meeting Monday evening as discussions over the university’s budget problems continue to roil the university.
Hocking College confirmed Friday that a 20-year-old student died after first responders arrived at a Hocking dormitory in Nelsonville Thursday night in response to a call about an "unresponsive male."
Athens City Council voted unanimously Monday to approve funding for the Baileys Trail System, currently under construction on the Wayne National Forest near Chauncey, after several weeks of debate and language changes to the bill.
A Delaware County businesswoman with deep ties in Athens County is running for Congress in Ohio’s 12th District. This district was bitterly fought over in a nationally watched special election in August 2018, with the Republican candidate, Troy Balderson, winning by a tiny margin.
Ohio University on Wednesday released a large trove of documents outlining the latest steps the university’s academic and administrative units have taken toward planning for the next budget cycle. Essentially, this is a large-scale exercise in how those units can reduce costs, increase effic…
- New 'wellness' school funding: Godsend or Band-Aid?
- Athens parking garage gets makeover
- Local enterprise seeks to find value in doomed ash trees, among others
- OU dorm friendship leads to successful invention & biz
- City Council OKs zoning change for north Court St. block
- Grand jury to consider multiple charges arising from poaching raid near Albany
- Shopper hurt after being struck by vehicle in Athens Kroger parking lot
- In NYC, OU class learns from Grammy-winning mixer
- Odd bowl-like patch near 33 bypass in Athens serves important purpose
- O'Bleness switches to regional emergency department provider