By accessing this web site, you are agreeing to be bound by these web site Terms and Conditions of Use, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this web site are protected by applicable copyright and trade mark law.
In no event shall The Athens NEWS or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on The Athens NEWS's Internet site, even if The Athens NEWS or a The Athens NEWS authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
The Athens NEWS is not liable for delays in online publishing, and/or failure to publish any content in the event of an Act of God, action by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity, fire, flood, insurrection, riot, explosion, embargo, strikes whether legal or illegal, labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, transmission interruption of any kind, work slow down, or any condition beyond the control of The Athens NEWS affecting production or delivery in any manner.
The materials appearing on The Athens NEWS's web site could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. The Athens NEWS does not warrant that any of the materials on its web site are accurate, complete, or current. The Athens NEWS may make changes to the materials contained on its web site at any time without notice. The Athens NEWS does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
The Athens NEWS has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its Internet web site and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by The Athens NEWS of the site. Use of any such linked web site is at the user's own risk.
Any claim relating to The Athens NEWS's web site shall be governed by the laws of the State of Ohio without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
General Terms and Conditions applicable to Use of a Web Site.
Advertisers placing display advertising in The Athens NEWS, whether in our print or online editions, agree to the following terms:
1. The advertiser will earn the frequency discount based on the total number of insertions within the agreement period. In the event the advertiser does not run the required number of insertions within the agreement period, the advertiser will be back billed the difference between the frequency discount received and frequency discount earned.
2. All discounts based on consecutive weekly insertions, except as noted on %u201CFlex%u201D agreement.
3. This agreement is signed by a person having authority to contract with The Athens NEWS for advertising.
4. Payment is required within the terms set by The Athens NEWS. A service charge of 1.5% per month will be charged to overdue accounts. Frequency discount rates apply only when accounts are paid in a timely manner and all credit privileges may be revoked if terms of this agreement are not observed. The undersigned are jointly and severally responsible for payment of the advertising account.
5. The Athens NEWS cannot under any circumstance be liable for any error in an advertisement to a greater extent than the cost of the space occupied by the error. Should an advertisement fail to appear in the publication as specified in this agreement, due to the fault of the Publisher, The Athens NEWS will publish the ad in the next consecutive issue. No other restitution is implied or expressed.
6. It is understood that any artwork created by The Athens NEWS is reserved for publication in The Athens NEWS only. This artwork is included in the price of advertising and cannot be used in any other publication.
7. Copy for contracted advertisements is to be given to The Athens NEWS in accordance with published advertising deadlines. If copy is not received by deadline, the Publisher reserves the right to use a previous advertisement or to prepare new copy. Advertisements cannot be canceled after published deadline.
8. All contents of advertisements are subject to Publisher%u2019s approval. Publisher reserves the right to reject or cancel any advertisement, insertion order, space reservation or position commitment at any time without cause. Publisher reserves the right to insert the word %u201Cadvertisement%u201D above or below any copy.
9. Advertisements not received by final closing date will not be entitled the privilege of O.K. or revision by the Advertiser or its agency.
10. Positioning of advertisements is at the discretion of the Publisher except where a request for a specific preferred position is acknowledged by Publisher in writing or where premium payment for position has been agreed to on contract.
11. Publisher is not liable for delays in delivery and/or non-delivery in the event of an Act of God, action by any government or quasi-governmental entity, fire, flood, insurrection, riot, explosion, embargo, strikes whether legal or illegal, labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, work slow down, or any condition beyond the control of the Publisher affecting production or delivery in any manner.
12. All returned checks are subject to a $25.00 return check fee.13. The advertiser agrees to pay any expenses The Athens NEWS, Inc. incurs in collecting any balance due, including a reasonable attorney%u2019s fee and other costs and charges for the collection thereof.